Monday, August 31, 2009

I have a feeling

I think things are going to change soon. I can feel it. Either that or I'm wanting change so bad that I am making myself feel like change is coming soon. Tomorrow I go to register (again) for classes. I'm excited, yet I don't want the summer to end like this. I say "like this", like I had a bad summer.

Despite the illness of my grandmother this summer has been pretty disaster free and kinda on the boring side. I mean even the trip back to Ohio was really good. I did get to be around my relatives which I hardly ever get to see and I got some work done.

Spiritually it was a weird summer. There were some good highs, but for the most part I stayed away from church. Like others, I've been turned off by church completely. Having worked in one for 4 years I know all the ins and outs, I know the secret meetings, the back fighting, the ignorance. I understand why a non Christian would stay away from church. Because it's exactly why I'm not going. I did listen to Calvary on the radio today and I did feel left out, I do like going to Calvary but the more I go, the more I feel like getting involved. Which I feel for me is not something I want to undertake at this moment. Like I said, church has left a bitter taste in my mouth and until I get over that I don't want to be a part of it. In the future I would still like to work with youth and children because I have a passion for that. It's just a shame that a group of people can stifle that.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season...

I hope I'm ready     

No comments: