Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can a Christian…

…be something other than a republican?

Well as a matter of fact yes they can! Despite popular misconceptions not all Christians are republicans. Now, I’m not talking about the ones who some how claim to be democrats…please don’t even get me started! I’m talking about the ones who are tried of big government. The ones who are tired of all the lobbyists and big bankers making all the rules.

Here is my problem with the left and right. They are so completely out of touch with the public that neither side really knows what we want. Here is what I want…and I’m sure that there will be plenty on the right that will disagree. I don’t really care about the left haha.

1. I believe abortion is murder and should be illegal.

2. I believe that we should have the right to bear arms.

3. I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman…but banning gay marriage is not a solution.

4. I believe that people that are in this country illegally should not be here. I don’t care what color you are, what language you speak, or what job you supposedly stole from me. If you are here illegally then you need to go.

5. I believe that war should be a last resort. (I’m still not sure where I stand exactly on this issue, thanks James! But I think we need to know exactly what we are going to war for before it happens.)

6. I think that the president needs to do something he promised, and that is be transparent. When Obama was elected he said that everything would be open and everyone would know what was going on (a paraphrase of course). Now, I don’t want things in the open that are going to harm others (cough wikileaks!) but I do want him to be honest…is that so much to ask?

7. I don’t think that making more laws solve anything. The problem is we have enough laws already and we don’t enforce them. All we are doing is making the government bigger and allowing them to control more and more aspects of our lives.

 

If you want to read more I will post some links…now…some people out there…welll are kinda crazy. So, with that…go to infowars with a grain of salt. Sometimes they get all conspiracy theory and it just gets weird haha.   

Info Wars

The Constitution Party

Let Freedom Ring USA

Cheers!

No comments: