Monday, October 11, 2010

Do You Remember… (Contest!!)

…when music was good? Do you remember when bands wrote their own lyrics and actually worked their butts off to put music out? With such pop disasters out their it seems like music is no longer an art form. I can remember cruising the streets of Reading with the sound of The Get Up Kids and Saves the Day resonating from the speakers of my Firebird.

Unfortunately, those days are long gone, but the music still remains. Both of the aforementioned bands have gone through their share of changes and honestly just aren’t the same.

Thankfully, there is a new band (which I’m listening to as I write this) who brings back those memories of a time when music had meaning.

Eyes On Me is just the band to fill that need your musical soul has been craving. Hailing from Lynchburg Virginia, Eyes On Me has just released an EP titled My Best Idea. On it you will find five tracks that make you remember why you love pop punk, but without the need to feel bad about yourself for loving it. As you go through each track you are taken on a lyrically emotional journey which ends with the amazingly honest track “When In Rome”. I almost feel inadequate using my own words to describe this EP but I can say  it definitely gets my approval!

Eyes On Me is a band that you need to keep track of and support!

You can follow them on Facebook and purchase their EP My Best Idea here.

Bonus to all who read this! If you can answer this trivia question I will send you a copy of the EP for free!

Here is your question.

Since it is Sunday and I’m watching football, when I played football, what was the number I wore on my jersey? If you don’t know I will accept guesses and if you guess right you’ll still win!

No comments: