Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Get Out of Your World!

That's the phrase that I have heard so many times. And as I sit here thinking and praying about my future in Japan that phrase repeats itself. There is some uncertainty to my life in Japan. I don't have an exact date yet, I don't know what school I will be teaching at, or even where I will be living.

The selfish part of me wants it to be near where I have friends. Yet that phrase get out of your world interrupts my thoughts. Now, I feel must define what I'm talking about here. Get out, for me is a calling that I feel should be enacted into all of our lives. Far to many times people live in their own little bubble. They see the same people, eat the same foods, go to the same places. That's just not for me! I can't just stay and be still, especially as a Christian. Christ never commanded us to sit and wait around for Him to come back. He said go! Get out there, get dirty, mess things up!

So, that's my plan. To get out. And honestly I don't know where I will be teaching in Japan. But where ever it is I pray that this Ohio born, Texas raised, Detroit hardened, Amish town living man can make a difference.

Higgins

No comments: