Saturday, February 20, 2010

Maybe I'm all wrong

I think that I might be in the minority when I say this but, I'm tried of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp movies. Please realize that I have been a huge fan of anything that Tim Burton and Johnny Depp have been involved in.

But! Here is why I'm tired of them both or am on the verge of not going to see anymore of their movies. They do nothing original! I know, I've loved the Nightmare Before Christmas looooong before all the fake emo/scene kids bought their Jack shirts from HotTopic! What I'm telling you is this, the last movie Tim Burton did that was something original was Big Fish. To this day I still think that it is an amazing piece of art!

The problem I have with Johnny Depp is this. Whom I also have been a huge fan but I can honestly say there hasn't been something he's acted in that has gotten me excited to go see. Pirates was a decent trilogy but you know what wowed me? Finding Neverland. Watch it, the story is great, the characters are believable. It's just spot on!

You might be asking yourself why am I saying all these things. Well here is why. I just watched the trailer for Alice in Wonderland. I don't care! Maybe it's because I'm feeling under the weather. Or, maybe, just maybe I don't get excited when I see another over-washed stylized digital movie. Don't get me wrong, I love when someone re-imagines (used to be called a remake) a movie.

I'm just saying that lets look at what happens when the two of them get together to make a movie. It seems to me that we get a movie with a pretty basic story and computer graphics galore (cough Avatar). Maybe I'm all wrong, maybe I'm looking at this from all the wrong angles. Maybe...

No comments: