Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hey Look…It’s Jesus

So, I just wanted to leave you all with  a blog post as this might be the last thing I type…although I don’t believe it will be but just bear with me for these few short moments.

I don’t know the name of the church that has incited all the ridiculous rapture talk. I just don’t feel like googleing “family life radio”…which goes to show I really do know who they are…ANYWAY…

Jesus is not going to come back tomorrow…I mean He might…but then again He probably won’t. I know that I should be careful with my words because as I’m about to prove…I could be wrong.

There is a book in the Bible called Matthew…in it, Matthew makes an account of some things Jesus said and did. If you turn to the 24th Chapter you see Jesus with his disciples on the Mt. of Olives.  The disciples were asking Jesus about what they should be looking for after Jesus died, rose again, went to heaven and returned for them.

Jesus starts out with a warning…that in todays case I think we should observe. He says, “Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.”

He mentions much much more but let me break it down to this:

 

Point 1 Many people are going to claim to be Jesus

Point 2  There will be many wars

Point 3 People are going to hate you

Point 4 Lots of destruction…like big time…not good!

Point 5 Lots more destruction…like crazy stuff going down I mean Verse 35 says, “heaven and earth shall pass away”…this is a big deal

But the huge thing is this. Jesus says “But of that day and hour no man will know, not angels of heaven, but my father ONLY”

The folks at family life radio have figured out some sort of mathematical (man made) equation to figure out the return of Christ…I guess they know something Jesus didn’t even know. But plan on them releasing a statement claiming they factored something wrong…shoot they did the same thing like 20 years ago.

I end with this. Forgive those who have wronged you, tell people you love them, believe that Christ died for you, and follow his example…after all he had the right idea. And if tomorrow comes and goes…like it will continue to strive towards excellence.

Remain spiritually tenacious

-Higgins

No comments: