Thursday, September 2, 2010

Praise You in the Storm

Say what you will about the theology of Casting Crowns, but I like this song.

Sometimes, we just need to let it all out. We just need to shout, yell, curse (maybe not curse), grit our teeth, not hold our punches and just let it all out…before the Lord. I think if I know one thing about God (and only one thing!)  is that He respects honesty. No matter what our situation we just need to let it all go. I’m not talking about blaming God, or being angry with God. I’m talking about just falling to our knees and humbly excepting that we don’t have all the answers or resources to do it on our own.

I can tell you one thing, it’s not easy. It’s not easy to say, “I’m wrong”, or “God, I don’t have the answers but you do!”

So there you have it, praising God amidst trials. Because, trials bring perseverance, and perseverance must finish it’s work so that you may be complete! (James 1:2-4)

Cheers! 

1 comment:

rickymccarl said...

This has very little to do with casting crowns and or their terrible arminian theology. But I must say I think your right. I am reading MacArthur's book "The Gospel according to Jesus" right now and he says that belief comes before understanding. We do not need to know why something happened or why God does what he does before we can believe. When we trust in God everything else falls into place. Things will start to make sense and he will reveal more and more truth to us. What a great God we serve!