Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What is Tokai Village?

Tokai Village

Population 37,503...about to be 37,504!

Tokai village, Ibaraki Prefecture is where I am moving to! Last night I received my call about placement. I will be teaching at one of the six elementary schools in Tokai.

With an average temperature of 14 degrees (57f) this Pacific coast town is know for it's black Japanese pines as well as having the first nuclear power plant build in Japan.

Tokai, is located 120km (74miles) north of Tokyo. During the month of April, Tokai will celebrate the annual sakura (cherry blossom) festival at Akogigaura Park.

From the town of Tokai: "Japanese have a strong affection for cherry blossoms. In spring, Japanese get together with their colleagues or neighbors under the cherry trees and enjoy viewing the cherry blossoms with food and sake (liquor)."

Stay tuned for more post about my future home...and don't forget...Donate!

No comments: