Friday, February 3, 2012

Fun Facts!

So, what's up? Yeah? Me? I'm moving to Japan!
(Theme song!)

I don't know what that was...but, I do know that it's time for Fun Facts!!!!!

Ok, you all know I'm moving to Japan in March. Tokai Village in Ibaraki prefecture to be exact. But, do you know what a prefecture is? Do you know what goes on in Ibaraki prefecture? No! Since you don't know I'm going to tell you! First off, a prefecture is similar to a state here in the US. There are 47 prefectures in Japan. There are a ton of facts about prefectures on Wikipedia (a trusted site for my college papers since 2006).

The capital of Ibaraki prefecture is Mito.

As of March 2011, the prefecture produced 25% of Japan's bell peppers and Chinese
cabbage. Yum!

Ibaraki is known for natto, or fermented soybeans. Natto, is made by cooking soybeans and then letting them ferment in the ground...and is not something that I enjoy.

That is all you get for this episode of Fun Facts! I'm watching 30 rock and eating an apple...typing is hard.

Don't forget to donate to my trip! Please!! I will need to buy toilet paper when I get to Japan!

No comments: