Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Why I Didn't Watch the Grammys

First off let me state that I love music. I've always loved it. From the day I got my, "My First Sony" radio/cassette player till I started using Spotify to listen to the newest stuff out there. I also have played in many bands...nothing crazy but I've performed live. I kinda feel like I know what I'm talking about when I talk about music.

Secondly, I enjoy pretty much every type of music (remember dubstep isn't music). I respect any one who is going to sit down, take a life experience and turn it into music. It takes a lot of talent to do that. I love being able to sit down, and hear a story or see an artist paint a picture with words. For me it's very essential to making a great album.

The problem with the grammys is that they don't really celebrate why I love music. Rather the opposite. While I enjoy live performances I don't see the need for an over the top carnival stage show of someone "singing" their song. If the song is good enough to win an award why do I need to be distracted by someone floating around in the air?

Also I was watching the Detroit Red wings win 20 games in a row at home against the Flyers. I was then watching the Walking Dead.

Sometimes...there are things more important than music. Click here to find out what!

No comments: